Pork Fried Rice and a Plethora of Awards!!!
I’ll get to the Pork Fried Rice in a minute….first I have to say this—What a FRICKIN Great Mothers Day!!!! First, I get on the top 9 of FoodBuzz for the very first time!!! The first time is always special! **wink wink** Then, I open up comments on my blog and find that two amazing bloggers have awarded me with a plethora of awards. I feel like I won an Oscar! I’m serious….I’m overwhelmed!
Many thanks to Manu of Manus Menu!! Girl, you always touch my heart and are so kind to me. ((((HUGS))))
On the same note, SO many thanks to Erin of Dinner, Dishes and Deserts !! You are fabulous, new at this blogging thing like me, but so far ahead of me it’s silly—you rock!!!
Thank you both SO MUCH!! I’ll be passing them on after my Fried Rice recipe, which I made for Cinco de Mayo. Yeppers, it makes no sense at all, but when do I ever—really???
Pork Fried Rice
Pork Fried Rice
Serve; 4 very hungry people
Prep time; 15 minutes
cook time; 25 minutes
2 to 3 Thick Cut Pork Tenderloin Chops
3 C Cooked COLD Rice
1C Frozen Peas
1 Carrot Grated
2 teas Ginger Finely Minced
2 Cloves Garlic Finely Minced
5 Green Onions Sliced
1/2 C Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tbls White Wine Vinegar
1 Tbls Sesame Seed Oil
1 Tbls Canola Oil
2 Tbls Sesame Seeds (optional)
Garlic Powder and Pepper to taste
Trim off fat and thinly slice the pork chops. Season with garlic powder and pepper. Heat LARGE skillet on med high. Add 1 Tbls sesame seed oil. Cook the pork until done. Remove from frying pan, add 1 Tbls canola oil, ginger, garlic, peas, carrots, green onion, (reserve a little for topping) until the frozen peas aren’t frozen anymore and everything is hot. At this point you can take the vegetables out or scootch them to one side. Add the whisked eggs and scramble. Once the eggs are scrambled incorporate the vegetables, add back the pork and add the cold cooked rice. Time for the soy sauce and vinegar, add in and mix well and until totally heated through. Garnish with reserved green onions and sesame seeds.
Now, onto the AWARDS!!!!
Here’s the hard part—-7 things about me? Can I do 2?? LOL!!!
1. I’m the youngest of five. Five of the most wonderful siblings in the world….hmmm, wait that means I think I’m a wonderful sibling too—Oh hell yeah I am!! HAHAHA!! I’m know I’m the goofiest!
2. I have a tendency to talk to strangers. Even though my mama told me not to. I can’t help it. Everyone needs a smile in their day. I like providing it.
3. I do not like eggs, (scrambled, etc) although they were ok in the fried rice. My step-father years ago made me eat them like they’re cooked “in the old country.” Meaning; tossed in a pan for 5 seconds and then on the plate. UGH!!! A pile of snot! Sorry—try not to get the visual
4. I do like Pepperoncinis. They are my go-to snack at night. Oh oh oh and the jalapeno stuffed olives—yeah baby, those too!!!
5. My two sons are the lights in my life. They are grown men, but will always be my babies—I love them with all that I am. They inspire me, encourage me, love me…..Dog gone it–now I’m tearing up….
6. I cry easily and I’m very sensitive.
7. I always try to believe the best in people and encourage others. Negative isn’t positive….I believe in positive. How’s that for profound?!
Ok….whew….I made it through 7—HAPPY ME!!!
Here’s the fun part!!! Passing it on…..AND THE AWARDS GO TO!!!!!
Ok, you two wonderful girls that passed these on to me….you each are getting some back!!! Or ALLLL back!!!!
Manu of Manus Menu—you didn’t get the “versatile blogger” so…here you have it! You deserve it girlie!!
Erin of Dinner, Dishes and Desert —-you didn’t get all the other ones. HAHA!! Now you did and it is well deserved also!
Melissa of Cooking with Mel —-You are a fabulous person and blogger. Thank you and your hubby for your service!!
Chef Felisha Wild of Our Daily Salt — All I can say is WOW! You are beyond good! LOL!
Maureen of Orgasmic Chef —- Just the name alone deserves all the awards in the world!!! Thank you for being a wonderful supporter of me.
Sawnsan of Chef in Disguise —- A new one for me, but I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog!
Sandra of Sandras Easy Cooking —Just can’t leave you out!!
Nami of Just One Cookbook —- I love your cooking, thoughts and comments!!
Roberta of More Thyme than Dough —- You are plain wonderful!!!!
Dan of In the Kitchen With Dan —- I don’t know what to say about you!! ‘Cept you sure know how to make me laugh!!
Karen of Tasty Trials —- So much talent!!! You are awesome!
Hester of Alchemy in the Kitchen—-I love your outlook and your blog!
Sommer of A Spicy Perspective —-Lovely to say the least!!
Ok….I don’t know if there is 15 there or not….I do know these are some of the many bloggers who amaze, encourage and inspire me.
Don’t forget to proudly place these on your blog!!
I think it’s ok if you just received these awards for forgo the “write 7 things about yourself and pass it on” I just wanted you to know that you are awesome, unless you want to!! LOL!!!! Now to those of you who are just receiving these…. one, some or all, the challange for you, should you choose to accept it is…. Please tell us 7, 10, 2 or however many thing we don’t about you and pass these on to another blogger or 15 that you feel is worthy.
Thank you for being an inspiration to me and I’m sure many others!